stupefied

This is the story of a girl, who cried a river and drowned the whole world, and while she looked so sad in photographs, I absolutely love her, when she smiles... -Nine Days

Thursday, April 06, 2006

A nice cup of Latte

A little variation on my usually uninteresting afternoon. Had coffee with a “brod” whom I’ve not had the chance to talk to in a little over 2 years despite being on the same tower for seven months now. He’s the busy auditor; I’m the great pretender in being busy. Anyway, it was nice chatting with an old friend. Brought back a lot of memories of the old college days.

Makes me miss college. It was the best time of my life. I don’t think anything could top that. The bests and the worsts in my life, I faced in college. First love, first loss, first column, first subpoena, first hearing, my first “5” in my class card, sorority life, a guy best friend, protective “brods”, leading two big organizations at the same time, soul sisters, good friends, great dreams…

Six years after and it makes me wonder how things though a little changed now still felt the same. My brod asks, You still cry these days? He could tell. He’s been one of my crying shoulders back then. And every time I did, I’d end up feeling silly for letting shallow things get through my eyes. He was the one who told me that when you lose something, let it go, coz maybe God’s cooking something bigger and He needs both your hands to be able to take hold of it. He just had a way with things. And he’s two years younger than me. I thought, the older I get, the more automatic tears become. Maybe because it gets tougher with age.

We chatted about people we knew and how far they’ve gone compared to us—geographically or figuratively. Of some we knew, of others we really had no clue. He was teasing me about my first love who happened to be one of our brods. Remember the one that got away? (The one I sent away is more like it actually). I just laughed it off. But that didn’t keep me from wondering where he could be now. He could be married for Christ’s sake, just like my 2 ex’s have all tied the knot after me. So now I’m not a wife material. More like a training ground for marital life. Don’t think so.

He asked me of my current love life. My turn to laugh. I told him someone’s interested, though I don’t really think he was in any way a potential. The spark just wasn’t there. Told him, he doesn’t speak English well. He told me to go to the States. Maybe it’s the spinster road I’m gonna tread. He laughed. Maybe.. No, just kidding.

Told him about my current dilemmas, my current dreams, my current frustrations. When a good friend recently passed the Bar, it did somehow strike me; I thought I could have also added Atty to my name. He planned to go to the States since auditors are quite in demand because of the Sarbanes-Oxley requirements. I wondered why I never became an auditor. We talked about some people getting married. I thought, I could have been if I only waited.

Typical me, and my never-ending second guesses.

He said such thoughts would only leave me empty. He said, smile.

And then it was time to go.

It was one of the best tasting Latte I had in months.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Areiz said...

Don't forget one of our favorites during college... "The Robotics Incident" :P It all made us who we are right now.

So I see you and brod dhon got some latte moments. Luv that! Damn.. where am I all these times? lol.

Peace!

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory Free Web Counter
Free Site Counter
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

view my guestbook | sign my guestbook
get your free guestbook
www.flickr.com
maluwees' photos More of maluwees' photos
Blogarama