stupefied

This is the story of a girl, who cried a river and drowned the whole world, and while she looked so sad in photographs, I absolutely love her, when she smiles... -Nine Days

Monday, March 27, 2006

Getaway


What can I say, it was the perfect getaway. Last weekend, my girl friends and I decided it was time for our much deserved hiatus and so off we sailed to Puerto Galera. It was just unforgivable that neither of us was able to bring a sunblock and if you look at me now, I’m suddenly Rudolf the red-nosed reindeer and the girl in Parokya ni Edgar’s Silvertoes who had “kutis na kulay champorado”. Anyway, it was one of the best times I had in years, so maybe the burns were at least worth it.

I’ve been single for quite some time now, and so were my girl friends. Thinking of this used to make fountains out of my eyes, but having them around makes me feel less bad these days.

Saturday night we went moonbathing--laid down on the sand and watched for shooting stars. I did see one; I had a wish prepared in my mind. There was something soothing about the sound of the waves, and the way they touched the shore. I thought how nice it was to have good friends beside me. They were like the waves washing the muddled sand…to make it fine again and good again. I was the sand.

And I’m thankful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory Free Web Counter
Free Site Counter
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

view my guestbook | sign my guestbook
get your free guestbook
www.flickr.com
maluwees' photos More of maluwees' photos
Blogarama