stupefied

This is the story of a girl, who cried a river and drowned the whole world, and while she looked so sad in photographs, I absolutely love her, when she smiles... -Nine Days

Monday, February 13, 2006

Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda

"Shoulda’ woulda’ coulda are the last words of a fool. "
-Beverly Knight, Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda

Guess I could call myself a fool then.
Why, I’m thinking of a thousand things I should have done differently.
1.
I should have taken a Major in Film or Arts or Creative Writing.
2. Given that I have taken Accountancy & miraculously passed the Board, I should have practiced my profession in an audit firm or taught in a university.
3. I should have learned how to swim when I was six.
4. I should have taken good care of my eyes (and teeth hehe)
5. I shouldn’t have had my feet wet right after school. (now my varicose veins are horrible).
6. I should have studied how to play the piano and sing without raising hell.
7. I should have smiled more often.
8. I shouldn’t have skipped meals.
9. I shouldn’t have stopped writing.
10. I should have been friendlier.
11. I shouldn’t have been such a cry baby.
12. I shouldn’t have said goodbye to the persons who’d never dare say goodbye.
13. I shouldn’t have said yes to the persons who’d say no in the end.
14. I should have been more faithful, and brave and content.
15. I shouldn’t have been so reckless and impulsive and selfish.
16. I shouldn’t have let chances slip away, like my chance to be happy, and my chance to live my dreams.

THE LIST is long.. Did I say I had a thousand of them? Guess that makes me an even bigger fool. And so constantly I’d shake my head, so that I’d gain my way ticket back to reality and accept things as they are. They were nobody else’s doing, but mine, after all.

It was like pulling nails from the wall.”
-Nitta Sayuri, Memoirs of a Geisha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory Free Web Counter
Free Site Counter
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

view my guestbook | sign my guestbook
get your free guestbook
www.flickr.com
maluwees' photos More of maluwees' photos
Blogarama