stupefied

This is the story of a girl, who cried a river and drowned the whole world, and while she looked so sad in photographs, I absolutely love her, when she smiles... -Nine Days

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Happy last night

I had a grand time last night, partly nostalgic at the sight of old faces and smiles, but mostly overjoyed to be home again. It felt nice finding myself back to my erstwhile office which somehow became my sanctuary for the last three years. It gave me my second job, a wider perspective and unimaginable patience, a couple of good mentors, friends for keeps, an ex-boyfriend, and a share of bad and beautiful memories.

Well it wasn’t really that bad. It’s more of waking up one day and suddenly feeling like it’s gotten too crowded that you’re almost immobile… And then you look at your face and you’re reminded that you’re 25 and what? You can’t think of something significant to add that would somehow fill in the 4 years that passed since you got off from college with your dreamy eyes.

While your contemporaries are driving their own Escape, or walking around Manhattan or in that road they call “marital bliss”, you’re stuck. I guess the only way to move on is to move out. So I quit my job and found a better place. It’s airy and corporate and it’s got a lot of room for my growing perspective. Thanks to my ex-boyfriend, who turned out to be my biggest pain, he actually helped expedite my walking out of the office less the melodrama.

Five months after and there I was last night and I was happy. Of course I missed most of them. I realized while writing this that I had the best time of my life there, and found my most treasured friends. I got all the compliments and well wishes and the looks on their face when they saw me somehow summarized it all. I made the right choice to leave. It was a risk that paid off so well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory Free Web Counter
Free Site Counter
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

view my guestbook | sign my guestbook
get your free guestbook
www.flickr.com
maluwees' photos More of maluwees' photos
Blogarama