stupefied

This is the story of a girl, who cried a river and drowned the whole world, and while she looked so sad in photographs, I absolutely love her, when she smiles... -Nine Days

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Happy, again

I missed writing yesterday, I was pretty engaged, plus there really wasn’t anything grand to tell. I had this 5-hour training about money markets and fixed income securities--- stuffs that were totally alien to me. I was completely stumped at terms like discounting and present value and yield-to-maturity, I almost forgot I was a CPA, who endured 4 gruelling years of accounting education and a board exam that had 80% mortality rate. As always, I’ve found myself a reasonably convincing excuse for that. My three year-work experience as a “financial analyst” did not touch those things; I’m still quite wondering what the title was for at least.

Anyway, forget the training; forget my profession gone off course, forget how dreary my day is today or my nagging headache. Also forget that my love life is nil right now. Or that I’d be sleeping alone tonight, since my roommate had to go home to the province for her wedding on Sunday. Forget that everybody’s getting married these days while I’m still suffering post-break-up attacks at the sound of familiar songs that used to make my eyes turn heart-shaped. Like Especially for you or Till they take my heart away aarrgh.

For today I’d like to forget that my life isn’t as promising as I’ve always pictured it to be. I’d like to forget about unfinished businesses, remorse, regrets, failed dreams and affairs, anything that would sting my eye and make me cry and dehydrated and depressed. I’d like to think of happy things. Happy endings, happy dreams, happy thoughts. Maybe count my blessings…

What do I have—a great family, great friends, great job, great imagination …Oh the list is long, could bore you to death…

Hmmmn.. This feels nice… I ought to do this more often…=)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory Free Web Counter
Free Site Counter
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

view my guestbook | sign my guestbook
get your free guestbook
www.flickr.com
maluwees' photos More of maluwees' photos
Blogarama